In the Press
News coverage (selection)
- CORDIS, Could we train our brains to see new colours?. (Article).
- CORDIS, Seeing the world through the eyes of a fish. (Article)
- BioTechniques – Imaging the retina with DIY microscopes. (Article – see page 5).
- Sussex NeuroSoc Braincast
- Haaretz.com (Israel), Article about our work on zebrafish colour vision.
- Earth.com, Article about our work on zebrafish colour vision.
- Focus Magazine (Poland), Article about our work on zebrafish colour vision. (related Article published in Russian)
- Nature Africa, Interview article about our Nature Comms article on the state of African Neuroscience
- Blueprint Nigeria, Article about our Nature Comms article on the state of African Neuroscience
- Finding Genius Podcast – Interview podcast around concepts in neuroscience and our work in vision science.
- Leverhulme Trust, Highlight article on our recent successful grant on frog vision.
- EZVID feature on our lab online presence (link).
- Nature Technology Feature on our work in Open Hardware and Africa (link).
- Nature Technology Feature (a different one!) on our work in promoting Open Hardware in Africa (link).
- Daily Mail article on our Neuron paper on zebrafish UV vision (article).
- Forbes COVID-19 / FOSH article by Anuradha Varanasi. (article).
- Nature’s Coronapod covering our PLoS Biol piece on open hardware and COVID-19. (audio).
- (see also associated Nature Technology Feature here)
- Tencent WE Summit. China-based TED-like event, 20 million views. (Video, Info).
- XinhuaNet (China). “Tencent, Nature Research jointly reward young academics”. (Article).
- Nature, Career news. “Neuroscientist wins Nature’s impact prize […]” (Article).
- Nature Careers podcast “[…] blazes a trail for open hardware”. (article + audio).
- BBC One Evening News (South East) feature on 3D printing and open hardware (TV clip).
- Physics World feature “Open-Science Hardware in the developing world” by R Brazil (Article)
- Nature Careers feature “How to start a lab when funds are tight” by Elie Dolgin (Article)
- The Economist “Punk Science” (Article)
- SciShow “Baby Zebrafish Eyes Work Kind of like Real-Time Photoshop” (Video).
- Gizmodo “Whoa, check out Zebrafish Eyes” by Ryan F Mandelbaum (Article and Video)
- Deutschlandfunk piece on Open Hardware Symposium @FENS2018 (Radio piece)
- Bild der Wissenschaft “Karriereschub fuer Junge Forscher” by Eva Wolfangel (Article)
- Nature Eppendorf Prize Interview (Article and awardee list)
- Nature Podcast by J Gould (Audio)
- Nature Jobs “TechBlog: Need an instrument? Build it!” by Jeffrey Perkel (Article)
- The Pathologist “The Revolution Will Be 3D printed” by T Baden (Article)
- Make Magazine Vol 56. 2017 “DIY Science” (Article).
- Suedwest Rundfunk (German TV)
- BNA Bulletin 81 “Deconstructing Vision” (Interview Article)
- Others: Science Disrupt, Country Canada, BioSpektrum, Off the Bench
- Sueddeutsche Zeitung “Das Labor aus dem Drucker” (Article).
- Attempto Magazine 39/2015 “Forschung aus dem 3D Drucker” (Article).
- Nature “Build Neuroscience Capacity in Africa” by Muindi and Keller (Correspondence piece).
- Suedwest Rundfunk (SWR) 2 Impuls (Radio Piece).
- Suedwest Rundfunk (SWR) 4 (Radio piece).
- Schwaebische Tagblatt “Laborgeraete aus dem 3D Drucker” (Article).
- Lindau Nobel Laureates Meeting, TV Panel discussion ARD-alpha.
- PBS/BBS How we get to next (by CQ Choi).
- Reddit AMA featured by PLoS.